favorites
Comments 10

Sneak Peek into the Messy Issue 1

THE MESSY HEADS IS GOING TO PRINT!

With the help of 15 talented contributors, lots of coffee, and cafes with good wifi, the first print edition of The Messy Heads is dropping March 17. I have been working on this project for months and can’t wait to share it with you guys. I am so excited to just get off the internet and make something more permanent for you to hold in your hands. Something that sits on your shelf, by your bed, or in your backpack. I picture messy babes flipping through pages at the beach and pouring their soul onto the pages. Even though this issue is filled with articles, it is as much your magazine as it is mine.

This issue, Me, My Mess, & I, focuses on who we are. I want it to make you think about how you define yourself. The mag moves through in phases, first discovering yourself, then learning to love yourself, then finally expressing yourself. Throughout, there are some interactive activities for you to fill in and reflect on what the pieces mean to you personally. I want you to treat this magazine like a diary of sorts, highlighting passages, ripping out things that mean something to you, and filling in the blanks of what it means to be you.

Stay Messy,

Emma

ships

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 6.42.29 PM

Exploring Slab City, a feature spread in the first section, “Explore”

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 6.42.46 PM

An interactive piece in the second section, “Love”

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 6.43.38 PM

Extended interview with Cartia, a feature spread in the last section, “Express”

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 6.44.11 PM

Another interactive piece and words of wisdom from Instagram

ships

1. Anastasia says

How much does shipping cost to Europe? I really want this, but how expensive will it be?

2. Cassandra says

Wow, this looks amazing. I am so glad I found this “platform”, this is really helping me develop myself and “finding” myself.
    I just wish it wasn’t 11 US Dollars shipping costs to deliver it to the Netherlands 😦

3. Charlotte says

Can I still get this if I’m in the UK? And will I have to pay loads extra for delivery and all the other stuff they charge for it to get here?? Because it looks SO amazing and I don’t want to miss out!!!

• Im from Argentina and I bought the on line copy, it takes like 3 days to be “delivered” to your email. Just 3 US dollars 😉

• Anonymous says

Hi! How did you order the online copy? I’m from the Philippines and I know it’s going to be too expensive to have a print copy. 😦

Liked by 1 person

4. Zara says

Just pre-ordered my copy! I cannot wait to receive it and delve into all that’s been so carefully created and produced!

So excited!

🌻

5. Nikhita says

Hi!

I’m so excited to pre order my copy! I was wondering though, is there any way I could get involved with the creation of the issues? Like input my work?

Thank you!!

Nikhita

Liked by 1 person

What did you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s